About the PTA
The Mill Creek Elementary Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is a group of parent volunteers who graciously donate their time in a variety of different ways to support our mission to provide programs and services that will enhance the learning environment, to help ensure our school and classrooms are equipped for both teaching and learning, and to work closely with our school principal to best determine how and where PTA can help. No matter what program, service, or event our PTA is sponsoring, the goal is to benefit our children!
The programs our PTA organizes and the funds we raise are entirely made possible by your monetary donations. Just as important, is the donation of your gift of time to the school. Many of the events we produce are not possible without parent participation. If you are interested in volunteering please visit our Volunteer page.
MCE PTA 2016-2017 Executive Committee
Co-Presidents: Nicole McKnight and Julia Atkins,
VPs of Fundraising: Katie Stark,
Treasurer: Jonelle Radford,
Secretary: Kim Burnett,
Mill Creek PTA Vision
That every child’s potential become a reality.
Mill Creek PTA Mission Statement
To help students realize their full potential and enhance the educational experience with “PRIDE”:
Partner with educational staff and community to enhance curriculum and raise funds to support our school.
Represent, advocate and speak on behalf of all children.
Involve and encourage greater parental support by providing a variety of opportunities to volunteer.
Develop a sense of community and social responsibility among all Mill Creek students.
Enrich by providing safe, fun, and educational activities.
Mill Creek PTA 2016-2017 Goals
- PTA will clearly brand all PTA events and communications to raise awareness of PTA programming and activities.
- PTA will gross a minimum of $27,500 through fundraising opportunities such as the Cougar Craze Fun Run to fully fund the Mill Creek PTA budget.
- PTA will host a minimum of 8 PTA events and programs combining education and enrichment.
- PTA will have a membership goal of 350 members (>50% of students represented by an adult member).
- PTA will create and/or revise programs, events, and materials that reach out to new families at Mill Creek Elementary.
- PTA will organize at least 2 charitable projects benefitting the community.
- PTA will have at least one legislative representative attend the PTA Legislative Assembly.