Cougar P.A.W.W.S. Volunteer Program
Cougar P.A.W.W.S. (Parents Actively Working With Students) is our unique Mill Creek Elementary parent volunteer program. It is designed to provide positive role models for students and to enhance our school security.
Who are Cougar P.A.W.W.S.? Parents, grandparents, or relatives that would like to volunteer to serve at least one day a year in a variety of school activities as assigned by our school's office staff. You can volunteer for an entire school day or a half day, whatever works with your schedule. You will be able to spend time in your student's classroom and outside at recess.
1) To provide positive role models for the students, demonstrating by your presence that education is important.
2) To provide extra sets of eyes and ears to enhance school security and reduce bullying.
3) To have part of of each school day represented by at least one Cougar P.A.W.W.S. member.
How Cougar P.A.W.W.S. Works:
- Sign up in advance for each shift that is either all day (9am to 3:30pm) or half day (9am through lunch or lunch through 3:30pm)
- Each Cougar PAWWS volunteer will:
- Assist your child(ren)’s teacher in his/her classroom along with additional classrooms
- Eat lunch with your child(ren) then play at recess and help monitor the playground
- Assist with traffic flow in the parking lot
- We have additional opportunities for Cougar P.A.W.W.S. volunteers to assist at school assemblies.
- Help teachers maintain a positive assembly environment
- Work with your child and others to practice Cougar PRIDE skills that are demonstrated
- Assist with cleanup
- You must complete a background check by the Everett School District at http://www.everettsd.org/domain/1452. This can take 2-3 weeks to complete.
If you have questions about this program please contact our Cougar P.A.W.W.S. volunteer coordinator anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to the school secretary in the MCE office.